An absolute classic, from the absolute classic that is Nigella Lawson. Nuff said.
190g soft unsalted butter
190g 70% dark chocolate
3 large eggs
2tsp vanilla extract
250g caster sugar
110g plain flour
1/2 tsp free flowing salt
150g chopped walnuts
- Grease & line (base + sides) of an 8″ x 12″ tin, heat oven to 180C.
- Melt the butter & chocolate in a large saucepan. Leave to cool until just slightly warm.
- In a bowl or jug beat together the sugar, eggs & vanilla.
- Mix the egg mix into the chocolate until completely smooth.
- Mix in the flour & salt. Beat well to mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the the nuts, then pour the whole lot into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 25 mins, but check after 20 – you don’t want to overdo them, they should be still a little soft in the middle.
- Don’t even think about removing from the tin or cutting into squares until completely cooled, or it’ll all go horribly wrong.