AKA tasty simple BBQ food. A little prep, an hour of marinating, and Bob’s your uncle (or in my case it’s Nigel or Neçdet). Shown here with courgette fritters / mücver at a recent summer barbecue where they didn’t last long. The chicken recipe is by Sabrina Ghayour yet again, because her recipes are super!
4 skinless chicken breasts
Or, 500g skinless boneless thighs
2 tsp ground turmeric
1 tbsp garlic granules
2 tbsp yogurt
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt & Pepper
- Mix together the turmeric, garlic granules, zest & juice of the lime, yogurt, honey and oil in a bowl large enough to accommodate the chicken.
- Cut each breast or thigh into large chunks and toss in the marinade.
- Cover and leave in the fridge for an hour or so, or at the very least 10 minutes.
- Carefully thread the chicken onto 6 (ish) skewers. I use metal ones, but if you’re using wooden skewers it’s a good idea to soak them in water for half an hour so that they don’t burn.
- Barbecue for 5 mins or so on each side until browned and cooked through. Or pop them on a baking tray in your oven on its highest setting for 10-12 minutes.
- Use a fork to help you push the chicken off the skewers and eat with rice, salad, flatbreads, wraps, or whatever you feel like.