This soup is goooooooood. Just add some bread and maybe some cheese and you’ve got a perfect lunch ahead of you. Yums. Serves 4.
20g unsalted butter
1 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, chopped
500g parsnips, diced
2 apples, diced
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
500ml veg stock
Drizzle of double cream
- Gently fry the onion in a large saucepan with the olive oil and butter for a good 10 minutes until soft. Keep ’em moving though, you don’t want them to brown at all.
- Add in the parsnips, apples, smoked paprika and seasoning, mix well, and fry for another couple of minutes.
- Stir in the stock, bring to the boil, cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes until the veg is tender.
- Take off the heat, stir in the milk and blend until smooth (a stick blender is your friend here. If you don’t have a blender of any kind, well, welcome to your lumpy soup!). Add in a little hot water if it’s too thick for your liking.
- Ladle into bowls, drizzle on the cream, chopped chives and a sprinkling of smoked paprika.
- Stir and eat.
- Optionally fling a few cubes of cheddar in the bowl before you ladle in the soup. Mmmmmm melting cheese……