Easy peasy lemon squeezy – these flatbreads are ready in a couple of hours (ish) from start to finish, need next to no kneading, and taste wonderful. Makes 6. Go go go!
500g plain white flour
1 tsp free flowing salt
2 tbsp fast action yeast
150ml warm water
150ml warm milk
3 tbsp olive oil
- Mix the flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well, tip in the warm water and warm milk and mix throughly with a fork.
- Add in the oil and mix with one hand until it all comes together into a ball of dough.
- Put into a clean lightly oiled bowl, cover with clingfilm, and leave somewhere warm to prove for 1.5 hours.
- Tip out onto a board and cut into 6 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball, and roll out to a large circle (ish) a couple of mm thick.
- Place into a dry medium hot saucepan and cook for a couple of minutes on each side until turning golden and cooked through.