I’ve made this every December for as long as I can remember, and if you’ve ever been to our house over Christmas then you’re very likely to have had a snifter (or two). It’s utterly delicious, and December just wouldn’t be December without it. Here’s some in a pretty bottle, ready to be gifted to a friend.
300g Dairy toffees
- Decant the vodka into a larger bottle (we use an old 1 ltr bottle each year) to leave space for the toffees.
- Unwrap the toffees, then chop them into pieces small enough to prod down into the bottle.
- Give the bottle a good shake, then give it a good shake every time you walk near it for the next week or so, or until the toffees have completely dissolved.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a jug, then pour it back into your bottle of choice.
- Enjoy! Its also good if you sit the bottle in a saucepan of hot (not boiling) water to warm through a bit. Just saying.