(Assume your best Chandler Bing voice) Could this salad BE any prettier?Well maybe if the lentils weren’t there, but I do love the pink and green together. This salad is seriously delicious and isn’t so much cooking as bunging stuff on a plate so do use any kind of leaves and greenery that you have – I used shredded kale and julienned courgettes only because my veg patch currently overfloweth. There’s enough here for two, but it’s definitely scaleable.
250g Merchant Gourmet puy lentils
2 handfuls salad leaves
1 small log goats cheese
1 vacuum pack cooked beetroot (not pickled)
Half a pack of cress
Half a pack of dill
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
Good pinch of salt & pepper
- Heat the lentils per the pack instructions (or cook up your own if you’re patient).
- Arrange the lentils on a serving plate or individual plates, then plonk the salad leaves on top.
- Chop the beetroot into chunks, crumble the goats cheese, add both.
- Chop the dill and add half to the salad, stalks included.
- Shake the dressing ingredients together in a jar (with the other half of the dill) and drizzle all over the salad.
- Sprinkle on the cress. Scoff the lot.